We're an affiliate
I hope you love the products I recommend! Just so you know, some of the links in this blog are affiliate links meaning that I will receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you if you use my links, I truly appreciate it.
There is the option to purchase the reel only or reel with the grass catcher for this American Lawn Mower Company 1204-14 mower, if you are looking for a replacement. However, for the entire mower, you are getting a very robust and sturdy machine. What’s more, it weighs just 20lbs, which is great for a manual mower as you will not be tackling a significant weight when moving it around the yard. To further aid with maneuverability, the mower sits on two 8.5” polymer wheels, which give it incredible stability.
- 4-blade reel
- Lightweight at 20 lbs
- Cutting width of 14”
- T handle design
- 8.5” polymer wheels
- Adjustable blade height of 0.5”-1.75”
- Cuts grass up to 4 inches tall
The American Lawn Mower Company 1204-14 is fitted with four sharp blades which are extremely durable. So much so that they will only need to be sharpened once every 3 to 5 years. There is the option to purchase a sharpening kit, so that you do not have to fork out for this type of maintenance when the time comes.
Furthermore, the blades are capable of working with grass up to four inches, so even when your yard is overgrown, it will make light work of it. You have a 14-inch cutting width which is suitable for most small to medium yards.
American Lawn Mower Company 1204-14 User Manual
Pros and Cons
Where Should I Buy This American Lawn Mower Company 1204-14?
- 4-blade reel mower with a cutting width of 14” and durable 8.5” polymer wheels for maximum maneuverability. Lightweight at only 19 pounds. Reel Lawn Mowers are great for small lawns..Deluxe hand-reel mower ideal for most turf grasses.
- This push lawn mower has an adjustable blade height of 0.5”-1.75”. Capable of cutting grass up to 4 inches tall and is less effective on taller grass.
- Manual grass cutter is environment-friendly alternative to other lawn mowers. This push mower is pollution-free, noise-free, low maintenance, lightweight and easy to use.
- A reel mower uses a cutting action that does not bruise or damage the blades of grass. For best results using a reel push mower, mow no more than 1/3 of the grass blade, so that the roots stay intact.
- Increase the amount of overlap while using your push mower if your lawn reaches a height of 4 inches or more. It’s better to mow smaller amounts more frequently than it is to let the grass get long. Try not reel mower when the grass is wet.
Last update on 2023-11-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Not sure about this Push Reel Lawn Mower? Click here to see the Best Push Reel Lawn Mower Reviews