We're an affiliate
I hope you love the products I recommend! Just so you know, some of the links in this blog are afiliate links meaning that I will receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you if you use my links, I truly appreciate it.
Review – 159cc 21-Inch 3-in-1 High-Wheeled FWD Self-Propelled Gas Powered Lawn Mower with Bagger
Craftsman makes a range of popular lawn mowers, yard equipment, tools and other equipment. They are a well-established brand with a reputation for value and quality. The Craftsman M215 is a good option for medium to large yards where you want the convenience of a nimble gas-powered lawn mower.
- Low Maintenance
- 159CC OHV Gas engine
- Lightweight 80 lbs
- 21” Diameter Deck/ Blade
- Bushel Bag
- 3-ways to Discharge the Grass
- Mulching, Side discharge, Rear Discharge, Cut & Collect
- Dual Lever Height Adjustment
- 2-Year Warranty
- Self Propelled
- 11″ Rear Wheels
The Craftsman M215 is a versatile lawn mower with a 159cc gas engine. It is a 3-in-1 mower as it offers a rear discharge, side discharge, cut & collect, and a mulching feature. The recoil start with auto choke makes it quick and easy to start every time.
It is self-propelled and has front-wheel drive. The variable speed feature makes the job of mowing the yard even easier. There are 6 height settings and these are easy to adjust with the dual lever. The 7 inch front wheels and 11 inch rear wheels also help with mobility.
The 21 inch Cutting deck is ideal for medium to large yards.
To give you a visual representation of the Craftsman M215 please watch the video below:
Design and Build Quality
The design, while basic, is practical and effective. It weighs 83 pounds and has a sturdy 21-inch cutting deck. It is designed to be agile and efficient for medium to large yards.
Craftsman is known for decent materials and build quality although I did find the engine cover a bit flimsy.
The lawn mower is covered by a 2-year warranty so Craftsman has faith in the build quality and materials used.
Most users agree that the performance of the Craftsman M215 is more than capable for medium to large yards. The power to weight ratio is good and being self-propelled with variable speed makes it easy to move around. This is also helped by the wheels, particularly the large 11 inch rear wheels. It moves smoothly and easily even on slightly rough terrain.
The auto choke is effective and makes starting the engine with the recoil starter painless and fast.
The 21 inch cutting deck is the ideal size for the market it is aimed at. It makes for fast work without compromising on mobility or accuracy. The cutting height options are more than sufficient and easy to change with the dual lever design.
The rear discharge, side discharge and mulching feature all perform as they should and are effective.
- Easy to start
- 3-in-1 Functionality
- 2-Year warranty
- Easy to adjust through 6 height adjustments
- Wheels with good traction
- Not practical for larger yards
- Not the most comfortable handles
Should You Buy This Model – Verdict
Craftsman has a solid reputation and they are popular top-selling lawn mowers. The M215 159cc is a value for money option that is highly effective for medium to large yards. It has 3-in-1 functionally which includes a handy mulching feature.
The lawn mower is self-propelled and is easy to use. The 21 inch cutting deck and overall design will make for quick and easy yard maintenance. It will also allow you to cut to the perfect height with 6 cutting options.
Where Should I buy this Craftsman M215?
- POWERFUL 159CC OHV GAS ENGINE: Powerful gas engine comes equipped with recoil and auto choke. No more fussing with a primer or choke - just pull to start!
- 3-IN-1 CAPABILITIES: Unit has side discharge, rear discharge, and mulching capabilities.
- FRONT WHEEL DRIVE: Tip-up, turn, and maneuver around level terrain with ease.
- SELF PROPELLED AND VARIABLE SPEED: Move around your yard with less effort and the propulsion speed of your choice.
- DUAL-LEVER ADJUSTABLE CUTTING HEIGHT: Choose from 6 different height settings to suit user’s needs.
- 11-INCH REAR TIRES: Zag tread tires on unit measure 8 inches in the front and 11 inches on the rear to tackle uneven terrain.
Last update on 2020-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Not sure about this Gas Powered Lawn Mower? Click here for more Gas Powered Lawn Mower reviews.